Backend Engineer (m/f/x) in full- or part-time
Civey · Berlin · other
Wen wir suchen
Your new Job
You work at the core of our company with a direct impact on the quality and development of our unique real-time data products.
- You are a member of an active, solution-oriented, cross-functional and agile team collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend Engineers and Designers.
- You take ownership of the development, deployment and operations of new features.
- You protect our data integrity, and make sure our authentication and authorization run smoothly and securely.
- You monitor the performance and solve arising issues, trying to think in advance how to avoid them.
- You report directly to our VP of Engineering.
- You have an in-depth understanding of Civey’s business and architecture, acting as an expert for software solutions, offering support and mentorship to your colleagues in the organisation.
- You work with a state-of-the-art stack on top of a bare metal infrastructure using Docker and Kubernetes.
- You participate in daily stand-ups, feature planning and retrospectives.
What we expect: You have solid backend experience with C# and a deep understanding of web technologies and distributed systems.
- You have 3+ years of a .net core experience and 5+ years of C# experience overall.
- You show demonstrable knowledge of web technologies and distributed systems.
- You have a deep understanding of relational databases, especially PostgreSQL (indexes, execution plan analysis, performance tuning, trade-offs).
- You thoroughly understand service design using REST and gRPC.
- You bring a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms. In addition you show proficiency at computational complexity analysis.
- You have experience working with LINQ queries and experience with message queues, service buses and job scheduling services (e.g. Apache Kafka, Redis).
- You have good knowledge of object oriented design and experience working with Docker and ideally Kubernetes.
- You have a high proficiency level in spoken and written English and strong communication skills.
We are offering more than just benefits
- Our values: We’re combining a conclusive business model with our vision to give all people access to high-quality opinion research.
- International: Our team is from China, Brasil, Germany, Vietnam and many other countries. Those who want can join our weekly German course.
- Visa support: We support our candidates throughout the whole visa process.
- Personal development: We promise a steep learning curve and an opportunity to boost your career.
- Equality: We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage everyone, regardless of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity or belief to apply at Civey.
- Fair deal: We’ve devoted ourselves to fairness and transparency - this is why we foster a culture of constructive criticism. In return, we ask for your full commitment.
- Great location: Our office is located between Mitte and Kreuzberg, close to Moritzplatz.
- Training: We cover 90% of the costs of books, conferences and workshops.
- Sports and transportation: We cover your gym contract, your public transport ticket or a company bike.
- Mental health: You get professional support through an independent expert for personal or professional challenges.
- Pension plan: You can invest in your future with our company pension plan and capital-forming benefits.
- Good start into the day: We offer you breakfast, healthy fruits, free drinks and fresh coffee.
- Team Events: Celebrate with your colleagues on a regular basis.
- Technical equipment: We’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be able to work efficiently.
- Ask-me-Anything: Every employee can anonymously ask questions that our founders answer publicly.
- Clear structure: We have a proven feedback system consisting of stand-ups, review meetings and retrospectives.
- Recreation: We offer 30 days vacation, flexible working hours, overtime compensation and home office if needed.
- Part-time work: Compatibility of family and your career is important to us. This is why all of our positions are available in full and part-time.
- Salary: We will pay you a fair and competitive compensation.
Get in touch
For any questions about this position please get in touch with our Talent Manager Freyja Werner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or learn more about Civey and its team at www.civey.com/ueber-civey/jobs-und-team.
Wer wir sind
Wir haben ein innovatives Verfahren entwickelt, mit dem wir repräsentative Befragungen vollautomatisiert online durchführen. Zu den Kunden von Civey zählen unter anderem E.ON, Telekom, Tchibo oder BMWi. Seine Nutzer erreicht Civey monatlich auf mehr als 25.000 Internetseiten, zu denen unter anderem Spiegel, WELT, Focus Online, FUNKE Mediengruppe oder t-online.de gehören. Damit verfügt Civey heute über das größte und aktivste Panel für Markt- und Meinungsforschung in Deutschland.