Rust Core Developer - Parachains Protocol
Parity Technologies · Berlin · full-time
Wen wir suchen
Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
We believe in giving back to the community and are looking for someone familiar with the open-source Rust ecosystem. You should be proficient in Rust and familiar with writing low and high-level code, a functional style of programming, and have a strong knowledge of computer science.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an article on our blog about our development practices which you may want to read.
About the position:
For this role you will be working mostly on off-chain protocols that power Parachains, Polkadot's mechanism for heterogeneous sharding. Expect to be dealing with P2P networking, and general implementation of the lower level (node side) details of a blockchain. In leaving classic server/client architectures behind, there are lots of interesting problems are waiting for a solution. There is plenty of room for innovation, creating a performant, scalable and resilient p2p network out of untrusted and selfish nodes.
Improving/extending protocols for reliable dispute propagation, contextual execution of parachain blocks, and most importantly, getting Parachains ready for Polkadot are some of the things on our roadmap.
- Experience with Rust, particularly writing high-performance high-security code.
- Knowledge of Bitcoin, Ethereum or other blockchain technologies.
- Familiarity with the Rust ecosystem.
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web 3.
Nice to have:
For this role you can expect to mostly work on the node side of the code, which is implementing and improving off-chain protocols that make parachains work. Deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated.
- State of the art P2P networking research and technologies.
- Rust performance optimization and tuning.
- Experience implementing decentralized applications, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches.
- Knowledge of Grafana/Prometheus.
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- Opportunity to become an expert in latest blockchain technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on stuff that matters: building cutting-edge technology for a better and more decentralized internet. Our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed (and desired).
- We have a remote-friendly company setup.
- Bringing the team together is something we value a lot and we have regular company retreats (or will have, pending the Covid pandemic).
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us achieve our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Wer wir sind
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location. We are looking for someone experienced with blockchain technologies and related cryptographic and/or similar algorithmically complex systems. You will be responsible for implementing domain-specific research and will be a bridge between research and development. We are doing stuff no one else is doing. Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do.