Parity Technologies · Berlin · full-time
Wen wir suchen
Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and the future Web — one that respects the freedom and data of individuals — and helps empower developers to create better services through decentralized technologies.
Have a look at our current documentation to see what you’ll be working with:
Polkadot-JS API and toolset docs: https://polkadot.js.org/
Your tasks include:
- Technically design and build Web Applications for Polkadot-js ecosystem
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, build, test, release and support)
- Write clean code to produce fully functional web & mobile applications
- Write tests and make sure code is up to high level standard
- Work closely with our UX team to build interfaces to make the user experience intuitive and enjoyable
- Collaborate with the core team to plan and implement new features and improvements
- Take responsibility for development progress and work with the team to overcome roadblocks
- Ability to produce working, auditable, well-tested code.
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly
- Ability to come up with technical solutions and application architecture
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a distributed team.
- Passionate about bringing the Web 3 vision of a decentralized web to the world.
- Former involvement in Open Source Projects
- Knowledge in blockchain technologies
- Experience with working on the Node database layer (eg. Express, MongoDB, CouchDB, GraphQL)
Relevant tech-stack we’re currently using:
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses and relocation where needed.
- Many of us who collaborate do not work in the same place. We have a remote-friendly company setup.
Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we used to regularly go on team retreats and are planning to do so again, once the international health regulations allow it.
Wer wir sind
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location. We are looking for someone experienced with blockchain technologies and related cryptographic and/or similar algorithmically complex systems. You will be responsible for implementing domain-specific research and will be a bridge between research and development. We are doing stuff no one else is doing. Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do.