Ecosystem Success Engineer (m/f/d)
Parity Technologies · Berlin · full-time
Wen wir suchen
Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
The Ecosystem Success team at Parity focuses on supporting external development teams building solutions with and for the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem. The overall objective is to improve the two platforms, increase the engineering capabilities and accelerating their adoption. Therefore, you will gather feedback from internal and external engineers and shareg technical insights to inspire the best developer groups around the world about the potential of building cutting edge blockchains with Substrate. A major focus for the role lies on identifying strong teams and important technical features to assist via Parity’s extensive support infrastructure and ensure the development roadmaps are on track.
We are looking for a talented individual with the right mix of entrepreneurial instinct, coding background, strategic thinking, and business development skills.
- Help create hands-on engineering feedback streams to external teams, the Substrate community and Parity’s engineers.
- Spearhead task forces to support teams in their last steps to ship features by providing project management support.
- Contribute to creating the most engaging and up-to-date technical documentation for blockchain and blockchain-component developers.
- Work with other Parity and Web3 Foundation departments to support teams building in the ecosystem with their technical development, roadmapping, and scoping activities.
- Support the Ecosystem Development team in defining and monitoring reusable custom modules, and extensions for the Substrate framework..
- Help build an ecosystem of lighthouse projects, tutorials, documentation, and an open-source culture around Substrate.
Qualification and Skills
- Minimum 2+ years of software development experience and at least 2 years of consulting/customer-facing experience.
- Strong desire to learn about blockchain ecosystems
- Reliable skills in structuring projects, managing competing interests and aligning various parties on a common goal.
- Knowledge in creating roadmap definitions, based on the interest of multiple technical stakeholders.
- Track record in presenting complex topics in an understandable and structured way to key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to speak to business development and technical teams internally and externally.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritise, communicate, and function in a small team.
- Experience with the Rust programming language.
- Background in cryptography, networking, or distributed systems
- Open-source software background.
- Passion to work on and share knowledge of new technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- You will gain a keen understanding of blockchain technology and business development and have a skill set transferable to many jobs.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.
To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice: https://www.parity.io/applicant-notice/
Wer wir sind
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location. We are looking for someone experienced with blockchain technologies and related cryptographic and/or similar algorithmically complex systems. You will be responsible for implementing domain-specific research and will be a bridge between research and development. We are doing stuff no one else is doing. Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do.