DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Parity Technologies · Berlin · full-time
Wen wir suchen
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and to empower developers to create better services through decentralized tech. Parity’s technologies include Substrate, a flexible framework for quickly building blockchains, and Polkadot, a protocol for connecting and securing blockchains. The goal of the Devops team is to make the whole process of open-source development as stable and seamless as possible.
- Automation of all aspects of our open-source software development lifecycle
- Assistance to deployment from small scale projects to blockchain infrastructure
- Designing and maintaining continuous delivery pipelines
- Developer support in our rust build environment
- Operating Kubernetes clusters, virtual machines and hosted bare-metal servers
- Thinking infrastructure as code ensuring highest quality in our operations
- Ensure robustness and reliability through monitoring, visualization, testing, reviewing and documentation
- Exceptional knowledge of Linux, including security aspects, networking and virtualization (3 years min)
- Experience with containerization including Docker and Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as code mindset: Experience with configuration management (e.g. Ansible) and cloud orchestration (e.g. Terraform)
- Proficient in designing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Knowledge of monitoring with Prometheus/Grafana is a plus
- Understanding of what a blockchain is and how to deploy a blockchain network
- On call experience with the mindset of site reliability, including incident response and postmortem analysis
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and be effective in a small partly-remote team
- Ability to debug complex systems running in uncertain environments.
Wer wir sind
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected.
We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
We are looking for someone experienced with blockchain technologies and related cryptographic and/or similar algorithmically complex systems. You will be responsible for implementing domain-specific research and will be a bridge between research and development. We are doing stuff no one else is doing.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do.