Blockchain Node Developer - Cumulus (Polkadot) (m/f/d)
Parity Technologies · Berlin · full-time
Wen wir suchen
Note to applicants: our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
Here are a few links to the codebase and relevant documentation you'd be working on:
Bastian Köcher (link to Github) is the lead for Cumulus.
- Experience with current blockchain technologies and landscape.
- Theoretical background in distributed systems, such as consensus algorithms, as well as cryptographic fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of a modern systems programming language, such as Rust, C++ or Go and willing to learn Rust.
- An interest in decentralized and privacy technology and Web3.
Nice to have:
At Parity Technologies we write software across the whole blockchain stack and as a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things, but deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated.
- State of the art P2P networking research and technologies.
- Writing and performance tuning databases.
- Cryptography, including multi-party computation or zero knowledge proof systems.
- Consensus algorithms, especially as used within the blockchain space.
- Implementing compilers, especially with a Wasm focus.
- Implementing decentralized applications, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building some of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal improvement budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed
Wer wir sind
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected.
We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
We are looking for someone experienced with blockchain technologies and related cryptographic and/or similar algorithmically complex systems. You will be responsible for implementing domain-specific research and will be a bridge between research and development. We are doing stuff no one else is doing.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do.