Solution Engineer (Substrate)
Parity Technologies · Berlin · full-time
Wen wir suchen
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.0 technologies. This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications. Parity Technologies has a small but growing team of developers dedicated to building on Substrate and creating a fantastic developer experience for future users.
Our headquarters is located in Berlin, but Parity has teammates distributed across the EU and beyond. Remote working arrangements are common and possible; we're happy to discuss this more during the recruiting process!
About the Role
As a Solution Engineer, you will be working with other Rust developers to build blockchain runtimes, decentralized applications, and implement research on the Substrate framework. You will drive the adoption of open-source blockchain technologies and the Rust programming language. You will inspire the best developer groups around the world and provide them with the training and resources they need to adopt the tech. You will champion the Substrate experience and relay insights to the community and customer teams.
It will be your responsibility to both demonstrate Substrate's potential by building cutting edge blockchain runtimes and to create a community of developers who will follow in your footsteps.
- Build Substrate runtimes for external teams and Parity’s customers.
- Provide hands-on guidance on Substrate to external teams and community.
- Build tooling, reusable custom modules, and extensions for Substrate.
- Evangelize Substrate (and the Rust programming language) to developer communities.
- Collect and communicate feedback from customer teams and community members building on Substrate.
- Help build an ecosystem of lighthouse projects, tutorials, documentation, and an open-source culture around Substrate.
- Minimum 2+ years of software development experience and at least 1 years of consulting/customer-facing experience.
- Experience with blockchain and building decentralized applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, and function in a small team.
- Experience with the Rust programming language.
- Familiarity or experience with cryptography, networking or distributed systems.
- Open-source software background.
- Passion to work on and share knowledge of new technologies.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.
Not a perfect match to our requirements? We're happy to receive your application anyways and hear how you think you can help us acheive our mission.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.
Wer wir sind
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected. We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location. We are looking for someone experienced with blockchain technologies and related cryptographic and/or similar algorithmically complex systems. You will be responsible for implementing domain-specific research and will be a bridge between research and development. We are doing stuff no one else is doing. Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, and we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do.